In 1984 Heritage Park was officially opened. The Park consists of a Village depicting Hudson Bay Junction in 1909. In 1989 the Park was renamed "Al Mazur Memorial Heritage Park" in honor of its founder.
In an atmosphere that depicts the dignity and charm given to her "tea time" by the pioneer woman, The Tea House sponsored by the Ladies of the Royal Purple serves tea, coffee, juice and cookies free of charge. The Tea House has a collection of over 1500 matching cups and saucers, believed to be the largest in Canada.
The first paper to be printed in Hudson Bay was a single sheet called "The Junction Kicker." The Print Shop houses artifacts depicting early letter press printing and hand-set type.
The children's train ride begins and ends in front of the C.N. station. This ride circles the 16 acre park and is enjoyed by children and adults alike. Rides are $1.00 each.
In front of the homestead house and barn a yearly threshing demonstration takes place, featuring a 1929 McCormick / Deering tractor and a 1920 Red River Special threshing machine.
A log house donated by the Duch family of Erwood houses artifacts of an early pioneer home. Spinning demonstrations take place in the house on Heritage Day in August.
The park features an authentic outdoor clay oven. On Heritage Day 28 loaves of bread are baked every 2 hours.
A log building appropriately houses artifacts depicting the history of the lumber industry in the area dating back to the Red Deer Lumber Co. (1901-1902)
A large part of our heritage was the blacksmith trade which made possible all transport, from shoes on horses to wheels on wagons. A demonstration takes place during Heritage day, the third weekend of August.
Antique John Deere Collection
This collection of Jim & Joan Holland consists of 42 restored tractors plus various other vintage tractors, which all run in the Heritage Day Parade which is held every August. The collection also includes a 1927 Rumley oil pull.