Bove Ranch Burger
Grass-fed beef is a healthier and leaner alternative to conventional beef, and Texas Longhorn beef is as lean as it gets. Grass - fed beef contains more heart healthy omega-3’s. Try this delicious recipe at your next BBQ!
Our specialty grass-fed (and grass finished) beef is available at our online store “The Grazing Goose” located at www.thegrazinggoose.com
The Bovee Ranch is all about totally pure, antibiotic & hormone free, pasture raised meats. We raise chicken, turkey, beef and pork on our chemical free pastures.
1.5 pounds of grass-fed ground beef
¾ cup of cooked rolled oats, quinoa or breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (optional)
¾ cup of white or yellow onion, coarsely grated
3 tablespoons of your favorite fresh herbs (optional)
Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
1) If frozen - Thaw beef in the refrigerator over-night.
2) Mix all of the ingredients together. Careful to not over-mix.
3) Gently shape into 1.5 inch thick patties.
4) Grill over medium-high heat. Avoid the temptation of leaving to visit with your guests while the burgers are cooking. They cook more quickly than conventional grain-fed beef; generally 4-6 minutes per side. Also, avoid pressing the burgers as this will expel the delicious juices.
5) Allow the burgers to rest by covering them loosely with aluminum foil or resting them on a warm spot on the grill for 5 minutes. This allows the juices to be drawn back into the middle of the burgers.
6) Serve on a bun or with your favorite toppings & side-dishes.