Christmas morning is an exciting time for families! Warm, chocolatey, and bite-sized, these mini muffins will certainly make a great edition to the joy of the morning - and not to mention provide your family with the much-needed energy to open all of those gifts and to celebrate the day!
If you measure out the dry ingredients the night before, you don't need to do anything very labour-intensive in the morning other than preheating your oven, stirring in the wet ingredients, and dolloping the batter into a prepared muffin tin - presto, you’ve got breakfast! Seconds please?!
Christmas Morning Chocolatey Chip Mini Muffins
makes 24 mini muffins
1 ½ cups flour (or substitute a ½ cup of flour for cornmeal, which added a nice texture)
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cocoa powder, optional
1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup water
½ cup mini chocolate chips
½ chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and coco powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add oil, water, and the egg. Stir to combine.
- Pour liquid mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until the ingredients are just combined. Lumpy is good!
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with a non-stick spray and divide the batter among the 24 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
Subscribe now or get the digital version
Note: Comments are moderated so once you make your comment, allow 24 hrs for your feedback to show up on our website. If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.